Kuwait’s only and most comprehensive event on Downstream, taking place on the 06 – 07 April 2020 in Kuwait.
- Keynote Speech by Dr. Ayed S. Al-Qahtani, Director Research Division, OPEC – Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries
- Presentation by Dr. Sun Xiansheng, Secretary General, International Energy Forum
KDS 2020 is officially supported by OAPEC – Organization for Arab Petroelum Exporting Countries.
The Kuwait Downstream Summit, considers the current energy landscape, bringing together regulatory authorities, senior stakeholders, policy makers, influencers and solution providers who are driving the energy eco-system in the region. The summit will highlight best practices which can be adopted to optimize the future of the Downstream Industry.
Oil accounts for close to half of Kuwait’s GDP and constitutes 95% of national exports. Long serving as a backbone to Kuwait’s economy; growth in oil activities are integral to financing mega projects set forth by Kuwait’s Vision 2040 strategy. Kuwait is spending over $500bn over the course of the next few years as it aims to boost its crude oil production capacity.
Considerable emphasis is on Kuwait’s Downstream sector as it looks to expand its refining capacity both nationally and internationally. Kuwait plans to spend over $25bn on new downstream projects over the next few years.
With over 200 Downstream industry professionals in attendance, the Kuwait Downstream Summit is the definitive platform offering unparalleled opportunities to network with peers and to explore new products, technologies and services.
Key Highlights of Kuwait Downstream Summit 2020:
- Growing Kuwait’s downstream footprint
- KNPC’s strategy for 2040
- Sustainability measures undertaken by the energy industry
- The impact of the 4th Industrial Revolution on the downstream sector
- The future of refineries
- Energy economics: Forecasts and trends in global oil markets
- Health safety and environment