Event Date: 10–12 February 2020, Kuwait
Air pollution has become a matter of great concern, particularly in megacities and urban areas, and rapid industrial development coupled with emission from the transport sector, which are recognized as the prime sources. Natural sources, such as sand and dust storms also add to the air pollution burden. The situation is alarming and gradually becoming more severe, and it is expected to increase with the population expansion. Either natural or anthropogenic sources may cause air pollution, and the latter is broadly categorized through industrial, commercial, and vehicular activities.
The 1st International Conference on Applications of Air Quality in Science and Engineering (ICAAQSE), 10–12 February 2020 is an international dissemination hub of air quality studies, research, and their applications in science and engineering. The conference is to be held in the State of Kuwait. The ICAAQSE 2020 aims to bring together leading academic scientists, researchers, and scholars to exchange and share their experiences, practices, and results about all aspects of air quality and its applications in science and engineering. It also provides the premier interdisciplinary forum for scientists, researchers, practitioners, government officials, and educators to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, concerns, and practical challenges encountered and the solutions adopted in the field of air quality and its applications in science and engineering. Over the years, the topic of air quality has increased its prominence as a critical issue for achieving sustainable development and to reduce health impacts in all regions of the world. Scientific research has revealed the complex nature of the impact of air pollution, which spans multiple scales and involves numerous physical and chemical interactions including climate change. As always, the conference brings together participants from the air quality, climate, health research, and user communities to discuss the latest research advances, studies, practices, and new applications to highlight the significant implications for the policies and the users. The outcome of such research needs to be contextualized within wellformulated communication strategies that help the policy makers and the citizens to understand and appreciate the risks and rewards arising from air quality management.
Topics, including, but not limited to:
- Air quality modeling
- Emission models/inventories
- Aerosols and particles
- Atmospheric dust, sand, and dust storms
- Health risk associated with air pollution
- Indoor air quality and sick building syndrome
- Ventilation and HVAQ systems
- Monitoring and measurements of air pollutants
- Air pollution control and mitigation technologies
- Industrial air pollution and associated health risk
- Air pollution and climate change
- Air quality regulations, guidelines, and standards
- Air quality and impact on regional to global scales
- Air quality databases, information systems
- The chemical and physical transformation process in the environment
- Development/application of air quality and related model
- Measurement of air pollutants and process studies
- Meteorological processes/interactions
- Model evaluation studies
- Personal exposure to indoor and outdoor air pollution
- Sampling techniques/instrumentation
- Source apportionment studies
- Earth observations for air quality
- Wind tunnel/atmospheric physical modeling
- Abstract submission (less than 400 words): October 15, 2019
- Confirmation for acceptance: November 15, 2019
- Final paper submission (six pages, maximum): December 15, 2019
- Conference opening: Feburary 10, 2020
No registration fees
A social program will be planned to include an informal reception evening, and visits to Kuwait attractions.
For more information, please contact:
Prof. Mohamed F. Yassin, KISR
Chair of the Conference
Travel and/or lodging sponsorship will be supported to selected accepted oral presentations (limited).
Selected papers will be puplished in international peer-reviewed journal (will be determined later).
Exhibition spaces are available on a first-come, firstserve basis. Companies interested in participating are invited to confirm their participation and reserve exhibition space via email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.kisr.edu.kw
Please also provide contact information, as well as a brief description of the companies activities (maximum five lines in English) to be published in the conference materials.
The ICAAQSE- 2020 is planned to be held at the Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research (KISR), where facilities are well equipped to host multiple events and large numbers of participants.